Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Smigel's New Haircut




My Chihuahua Smigel is just like a child to me. I take her EVERYWHERE, spoil her rotten, and I protect her at all costs! So, she's never been to the groomer ...because I didn't want to leave her there for hours while she's tortured with a shaver. But she's been panting like crazy in the last month of warm weather in Seattle, so I decided it was time! Luckily, our favorite groomer Kevin lives in my condo building and agreed to make a house call. It took a lot of patience on his part, and an hour of holding her down and coaxing her to lift legs and expose the belly, etc. Now she's BALD and lovin' it! The fur was everywhere and Smigel was a little traumatized, but she'll be so much cooler for the rest of the summer, and it'll all grow back by the time she needs it in the winter. The only thing is ...she looks so WEIRD! I kept asking her (yes, we talk all the time) who ARE you strange dog?

No comments: