Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Getting Started

A little more than a year ago I decided to turn my hobby into a business. My grandma grew up in Germany, where she learned needle arts in grammer school, and taught me how to crochet when I was about 10. It's been like a religion ever since. I started by making Christmas gifts ...potholders, slippers, scarves and pillows. Eventually I moved on to bigger projects! Then, when ponchos came back in style ...watch out! I learned how fun it was to wear something you've made by hand. Jump ahead to Christmas of 2006 when I made a couple of felted purses for friends. "You have to sell these," they raved. Roz's Sax Seattle was born!

Now I'm launching a new website in September for my most popular item to date ...SCARVES! Not just the boring ones that every first-time knitter makes. I've got Scarflettes, Boas, Cowls, and braids. The soft launch to www.scarfcity.etsy.com is already underway!

No comments: