Thursday, March 24, 2011

Technicolor Dream Coat Takes Flight




I had months to think, plan and plot for a big photoshoot I had coming this spring. I wanted more professional pictures that really grabbed a lot of attention; "Show Stoppers" I called them.

So, I found a studio to rent and had a photographer friend come and shoot the pictures. The plan was already leaps and bounds above the pictures I had in past seasons. But I wasn't done plotting....

I wanted to make my signiture piece, my Technicolor Dream Coat, FLY! In my mind I was thinking of dracula's cape. I brought a big box fan to the shoot thinking I could turn it to the highest speed, point it at the coat and VOILA. Unfortunately, the crocheted floor length coat is very heavy and it wasn't flying anywhere ...not even with several box fans.

It's a good thing my model (and good friend Lie Shia Ong) was a good sport. She pirouetted, twirled and spun until she was dizzy. We were able to get this picture and many other great shots to make the coat FLY!

Check out the video:




No comments: