Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Knitwear -Stay or Go?











Spring Knits ...should I stay or should I go? Last year I decided to launch my first ever spring line. It included knits and crocheted items that were made mostly of lightweight cotton. The line featured capelets, spiral scarves, beach hats, and bikini tops, among other things. I did several spring and summer craft shows which were a complete BUST. If you're a knitter, I don't have to tell you how much work it was to compile 15 to 20 items of each thing in different colors. So I have been asking myself since then, was it what I made, or was it that knitwear in the summer is just UNAPPEALING, even if it's light weight? Now, I've been asked by one of the stores that has experienced GREAT success in selling many of my items, to make some spring/summer stuff. I guess it can't hurt to give it another try right? In limited amounts ...two or three of a few select items. Then more if they sell! But WHAT? Hmmmmmm.....

No comments: